Featured DNP Programs (RN Required)
While there are many online doctoral degrees that you can apply to, there are no schools offering DNP programs in Maine.
DNP Nurse Checklist
Regardless of which online program you apply to, you will need several prerequisites for doctoral study. These programs accept minimal students into their cohorts and competition is tough. You will need a proven record of dedicated academics with high grades maintained throughout your graduate education. If you have not yet pursued your Master’s degree, then you will be able to complete it through the various bridge programs available. Every school has their own application process, and their admission procedures are strict. Contact the schools directly to ensure you are aware of their specific requirements, but this is what you will need when applying to a DNP program from Maine:
- Three letters of reference will be required. It is advised that they be from professional peers, employers, and previous academic advisors.
- You will require official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Licensure to practice in Maine is imperative. It must be current, unrestricted, and allow you to practice as a registered advanced nurse.
- Evidence of your creative writing skills must be submitted. Usually, scholarly papers will suffice.
- An essay must be written on the subject of your career goals. Detail what your objectives are and explain the importance of you completing doctoral studies in order to achieve them.
- An interview with the school will be forthcoming. Make sure that you attend with time to spare.
- Completion of certain courses at the graduate level and within the last five years is non-negotiable. These are healthcare assessment, research, and statistics.
- Proof must be provided that you completed your MSN through an accredited program.
- Overall, your GPA scores must be at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. This is on all graduate coursework and some schools may require this to be a minimum of 3.5.
- All clinical hours worked as an Advanced Specialty Nurse must be proven, along with all supervised graduate hours.
- While a background check may be performed, you must undergo a full health check and be vaccinated against certain diseases.
- Highlight all experiences and achievements in your latest academic and professional resume.