Schools with PhD Programs in Idaho
We have found various schools around the United States that have online doctoral degrees available, but there are no schools currently offering PhD programs in Idaho.
PhD Nurse Checklist
The PhD focuses on the science of health care and an impeccable academic record is essential when applying to these programs. Certain scores need to be maintained throughout graduate study in order to be eligible for consideration. Schools are strict in their requirements as they only admit a select few each year. Students compete strongly for a place in these cohorts, and your applications should reflect your competitiveness. There are alternative pathways for entry if you have not yet completed your Master’s degree and you should contact the schools to find out about their options. These are the prerequisites that are essential when applying to a PhD program from Idaho:
- The amount of clinical hours worked professionally and as a graduate student must be proven.
- Your completed BSN and MSN degrees will only be valid if completed through an accredited program.
- A minimum overall Grade Point Average score of 3.0 will be required on a 4.0 scale, but some schools may insist that it be at least 3.5.
- Graduate statistics, research and nursing theory courses must have been completed no more than five years ago.
- You will need to write a goal statement. Describe your career objectives in an essay and explain why you wish to complete doctoral studies. Detail how the qualifications gained will enhance your professional goals.
- Submit your Curriculum Vitae with all professional, academic and voluntary experiences and achievements included.
- The school will need three letters of recommendation from academic authorities, employers or working colleagues.
- You must possess licensure to practice unrestricted in Idaho as a registered advanced nurse.
- Scholarly papers or evidence of creative writing will be requested.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended must be submitted.
- Clear your schedule for a personal interview with the school when they request it.
- Certain immunizations must be current and you will need to have a full health check done. The school is likely to do a thorough background check as well.