Featured DNP Programs (RN Required)
There are no traditional, campus-based colleges or universities offering a DNP program in Idaho, but many schools throughout the United States have online programs available and are accepting applications from students nationwide.
DNP Nurse Checklist
DNP programs are highly competitive and space is limited. It is a good idea to ensure that your application is delivered in a timely fashion and that all materials are completed and submitted. Contact each school personally so that you are aware of their individual application procedures and admissions policies. It is imperative that you complete your advanced specialty studies prior to entering a doctorate program, but it is possible to do this through the many bridge programs available. Certain prerequisites are compulsory in order to be eligible for consideration as a doctoral student. These are the requirements that you will need when applying to a DNP program from Idaho:
- Graduate studies will need to have been completed in their entirety from an accredited program. Proof of this will be required from the school(s) you attended.
- You must own an unencumbered license to practice in Idaho as a registered advanced nurse.
- An essay will need to be written explaining your personal career plans. Describe your professional objectives and detail how the doctoral program will ensure they come true.
- Each school attended previously must provide official transcripts for you.
- On a scale of 4.0, the overall Grade Point Average score must be at least 3.0. Some schools prefer this minimum to be 3.5.
- Proof of all clinical hours experienced as an advanced specialty practitioner is required.
- A personal interview with the school is essential. Ensure that you are able to attend when needed.
- You will need three letters of recommendation that attest to your ability to complete doctoral study successfully. Ensure they are from relevant sources such as professional peers, academic authorities, employers or supervisors.
- Within the last five years you must have completed specified graduate courses with at least a C grade. These are research, statistics, and healthcare assessment courses.
- Your resume must be current and highlight all experiences in academics, professional and voluntary capacities, as well as detail any successful achievements.
- A background check will need to be performed and you will have to provide proof of a full health check. Immunizations against certain diseases are imperative.
- The school will require examples of your creative written work or scholarly papers.