Featured DNP Programs (RN Required)
There are currently no schools offering DNP programs in Wyoming, but there are many online schools that have accredited degrees available.
DNP Nurse Checklist
An outstanding record of academic achievement is essential when applying to these programs. Certain scores must be maintained throughout graduate coursework (whether already qualified at the Master’s level or completing it through a bridge program). Only a select few are admitted into these cohorts each year as there is a limit of space available. This makes the application process extremely competitive and it is advisable that you are familiar with the requirements of each school you are applying to. Be aware of their deadline dates and submit completed application packets in good time. We have compiled a list of what you will need when applying to a DNP program in Wyoming:
- Within the last five years, a minimum grade of C (or better) must have been achieved on graduate courses in nursing theory, research and statistics.
- Completed baccalaureate and graduate degrees are not negotiable and must be proven to have come from nationally accredited programs.
- Before submitting your resume, ensure that all your latest achievements and experiences are included relating to your academic, voluntary and professional careers.
- All accumulated clinical hours must be proven from graduate coursework and professional advanced nursing practice.
- Request official transcripts from every post-secondary university or college responsible for your education.
- A well written essay on your doctoral motivations is required. Discuss your career objectives in detail and highlight the need for successful completion of the program in order to achieve them.
- Examples of your creative written work or scholarly papers must be submitted.
- You will need licensure to practice as a registered Advanced Nurse Practitioner in Wyoming without restrictions.
- A full background check will be forthcoming and you must prove certain vaccinations are in effect. Provide a record of your medical history.
- Physicians, nursing peers, supervisors, employers and previous academic faculty members are acceptable professionals for the three letters of recommendation the school will require.
- Grant the school a personal interview when requested and make sure that you attend in a timely manner. We advise postponing all appointments that may interfere with the interview.
- The minimum accumulated Grade Point Average score considered is 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. Note that many schools require this to be at least 3.5.