Featured DNP Programs (RN Required)
- Accredited by CCNE, the DNP program offered by Wichita State University is available through their School of Nursing. The curriculum develops critical thinking and promotes leadership in the health system. There is also a strong focus on health policy. Students usually complete the program in two or three years. October 1st is the deadline for admission into the Spring start date. This is for MSN graduates. Those entering from the BSN level must submit applications prior to May 1st to begin in Fall.
DNP Nurse Checklist
It is advisable for doctorate study to be pursued, but these programs are extremely competitive. Schools review applications with an emphasis on choosing only the most suitable candidates, as these classes are kept small. Throughout your undergraduate and graduate history, high grades are essential. You will need to be already qualified to practice as an advanced nurse at the Master’s level. There are bridge programs available to those who have not yet obtained their MSN, but it will still need to be completed with acceptable grades before admittance to the doctorate program. In order to be eligible for consideration, you must possess certain prerequisites. This is what is needed when applying to a DNP program in Kansas:
- You will need to have accumulated a vast number of clinical hours as an Advanced Practice Nurse and provide proof of them.
- Describe your personal career goals in a written essay. Explain your need to complete doctoral education and detail how it will benefit others, as well as your own objectives.
- Submit proof of your completed graduate degree at an accredited college or university.
- It is essential that you are registered as an advanced nurse with a license to practice freely in Kansas.
- You must have completed statistics, research, and healthcare assessment courses as a graduate student in the last five years.
- All academic, professional, and voluntary experiences must be detailed in your latest resume.
- Specific diseases must be vaccinated against, and the results of a full health check provided.
- An interview with the school will be requested, and you must attend.
- You must submit three letters of recommendation from academic authorities, employers, or professional peers.
- You will need an overall GPA score of 3.5 on a scale of 4.0. This is for all graduate coursework completed.
- Every university or college ever attended will need to provide your official transcripts. These may need to be submitted directly to the school for you.
- The school will request samples of your creative writing. Scholarly papers are usually acceptable.