Featured DNP Programs (RN Required)
- The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences has a DNP program available with CCNE accreditation. Students are rigorously prepared to implement research into practices that develop important aspects of health care. The program is designed for part-time study and is offered in a blended learning format. The program will be completed in two years, or five semesters. The application fee and documentation must be completed and received by March 1st at the latest.
DNP Nurse Checklist
Highly competitive students enroll in these programs. Schools have strict requirements and classes are small. It is imperative that you have completed your Master’s degree before applying for your doctorate. Students can enter a DNP program at the baccalaureate level, but you will still need to have obtained your BSN and MSN before being admitted into terminal education. A history of high academic achievement is integral, and maintenance of these grades throughout the program is non-negotiable. When applying for enrollment into a DNP program in Arkansas, you will need the following prerequisites:
- Official transcripts are required from all schools where graduate coursework in nursing was completed.
- You must provide proof that your Master’s degree was completed at an accredited institution.
- A minimum cumulative GPA on all graduate work must be 3.40 on a scale of 4.0.
- License to practice as a registered nurse in Arkansas must be valid and unencumbered.
- You must also be registered as an advanced practice nurse in Arkansas.
- At least 3,000 hours of clinical experience as an advanced specialty nurse is required.
- Evidence of supervised graduate clinical hours must be provided.
- Three reference letters will need to be submitted. These are only valid if from supervisors, colleagues, or physicians able to attest to your ability for this level of study.
- You will need to make time for a personal interview.
- Completion of statistics, research, and healthcare assessment courses at the Master’s level are essential.
- Your latest resume that explains all educational and professional experiences.
- Immunizations against dangerous diseases are not negotiable.