Featured DNP Programs (RN Required)
The College of Nursing at South Dakota State University offers a DNP program with a variety of tracks to choose from. Advanced Nurse Practitioners are developed for leadership positions that enable the transformation of clinical practice. They are expert clinicians who focus on vulnerable and rural communities. While online technology is used during course delivery, the curriculum is predominantly traditional and requires classroom attendance. The program is designed for working professionals and pursued on a part-time basis. Study plans include three year, four year or five year options. Do not hesitate to contact the school for the latest information regarding application deadlines.
DNP Nurse Checklist
It is imperative that your application reflects your academic prowess and ambition. Programs at this level are rigorous and only a few of the most suitable students are admitted each year. This is because of the drastic space shortage and high competition among applicants. Deadline dates are important and applications must be submitted on time. These procedures differ among schools and we recommend contacting them beforehand. Bridge programs are offered to baccalaureates, but doctoral entry relies on completion of graduate coursework with exceptional grades. We have compiled a list of what is needed when applying to a DNP program in South Dakota:
- A total of three letters of recommendation must be sent to the school from professional individuals such as employers, nursing peers, doctors, supervisors and academic mentors.
- Core courses in your graduate curriculum must have included nursing theory, research and statistics. A minimum grade of C must have been achieved for them within the last five years.
- Creative written work will be required by the school. Submit examples such as scholarly papers.
- All academic institutions responsible for your education since high school will need to provide official transcripts for you.
- A background check will be undertaken by the school and they will require proof of certain immunizations, along with a record of your latest medical checkup.
- Evidence must be provided for all the clinical hours accumulated during your advanced nursing career and graduate studies.
- 3.0 is the absolute minimum overall Grade Point Average score considered. For some schools, this requirement may be 3.5 on a scale of 4.0.
- An essay must be written that explains your reasons for requiring a doctoral qualification. Be clear about how the program is an integral part of your career objectives.
- Ensure timely arrival at a personal interview that will be requested. Do not schedule appointments afterwards that will require you to leave while the interview is in progress.
- Completion of the BSN and MSN degrees is a necessary requirement. You will need to prove that they were studied through nationally accredited programs.
- A copy of your registered Advanced Nurse Practitioner license is required and must enable you to practice in South Dakota without any restrictions.
- Your resume should include the latest educational accomplishments, professional experiences and voluntary missions prior to submittal.