Featured DNP Programs (RN Required)
- The DNP program at Touro University is offered through their College of Health and Human Services. The focus is on preparing nurse educators for leadership positions within an academic environment. Accredited by WASC, the program is taught online through web and teleconferencing. Part-time options are not available. This is a full-time program that will take one year to complete. There is an option to add an additional semester if necessary. To obtain their latest deadline dates for applications, please contact the school.
- Offered in collaboration with the University of Nevada in Reno, the DNP program available at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas is accredited by CCNE. Graduates may choose to specialize in education, advanced clinical practice, policy analysis or systems development. Programs of study include part-time and full-time options and this is an online degree that requires rare campus visits. Consisting of thirty-nine semester credits, full-time students will complete the degree requirements in two years. Part-time students can expect to take three years. New cohorts begin annually in the Fall semester. Please contact the school to inquire about their application deadline dates.
- The Orvis School of Nursing at the University of Nevada in Reno has a DNP program on offer in collaboration with the University of Nevada in Las Vegas. Accredited by CCNE, the goal of the program is to train students for leadership positions in clinical practice, education and healthcare and systems analysis. While campus visits are infrequently necessary, the program is delivered online. It will take two years for full-time students to obtain their degree, while those studying part-time will complete the requirements in three years. This is a thirty-nine semester credit program. The application deadline date for the annual Fall semester start is March 15th.
DNP Nurse Checklist
When you apply to a DNP program, be sure to adhere to the application procedures of each school. Be mindful of their admissions policies and contact them directly to obtain this information. Space is limited in these cohorts and only a small number of selected students enter the doctorate each year. Competition is incredibly rife among prospective students desiring a place. Schools are strict with their requirements and you will need to have several prerequisites in order to be eligible for consideration. Bridge programs are available for those still in need of their MSN, but entry into the doctorate still relies on completion of this degree with stellar grades. This is a list of what you will need when applying to a DNP program in Nevada:
- A grade of no less than C is required for completed courses in statistics, research, and nursing theory. If older than five years, they will need to be taken again.
- The baccalaureate and graduate degrees must be completed through programs with reputable accreditation.
- Your career objectives should be clearly detailed in a well-written essay. Provide an explanation for your doctoral desire and explain how the program is an essential part of these goals.
- Before submitting your latest resume, make sure that all accomplishments and experiences are included relating to your academic, voluntary and professional careers.
- A registered Advanced Nursing license is compulsory and must enable you to practice in Nevada without any restrictions.
- 3.5 on a scale of 4.0 is the minimum overall Grade Point Average for consideration. If your score is above 3. 0 then you may still apply to some schools.
- You will need official transcripts sent to the school from each university or college that you have attended since high school.
- All clinical hours undertaken as a graduate scholar must be proven and evidence of those worked as an advanced specialty nurse must also be submitted.
- When the school requests a personal interview with you, grant it and attend in a timely manner.
- A total of three reference letters from authoritative professionals are required. They should speak of your dedication and ability to complete doctoral studies; and should be from people such as employers, physicians, professional peers, and academic advisors.
- You must comply with a full background check and provide the results of a medical checkup. Certain diseases will need to be vaccinated against.
- Samples of your creative written work are compulsory, but scholarly papers are often acceptable in lieu of this.