Featured DNP Programs (RN Required)
While there are not currently any schools offering DNP programs in Montana, there are various online schools that have accredited degrees available.
DNP Nurse Checklist
When you apply to these schools, we advise first familiarizing yourself with their application procedures. Be aware of their deadline dates and submit your applications on time. Each school has their own strict requirements and admissions policies – and competition is rife among students seeking a place in these cohorts. Completion of the Master’s degree in nursing is essential, but this can be achieved in the available bridge programs. A high grade throughout will determine whether you continue into the doctorate. There are certain prerequisites you need to have before you will be considered as a potential student. Below we have listed what you will need when applying to a DNP program from Montana:
- All clinical hours worked as a specialized nursing practitioner must be proven, along with all those experienced as a graduate student.
- Grant the school a personal interview and attend promptly with time to spare.
- Three letters of recommendation will need to be submitted, and they must attest to your ability to successfully complete doctoral studies. Employers, professional colleagues, medical doctors, and previous faculty advisors are great sources for them.
- Only accredited colleges or universities are acceptable institutions for your completed BSN and MSN degrees. This will need to be proven.
- You must be currently licensed to practice unrestricted in Montana as a registered Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
- Courses in nursing theory, research, and statistics must have been passed with a grade of C or better, no longer than five years ago.
- While some schools may accept a minimum overall Grade Point Average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, most of them require this score to be at least 3.5.
- Your creative written work will need to be submitted and may take the form of scholarly papers.
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended and have them send it to the school that you are applying to.
- A background check is likely to be undertaken by the school. They will also require you to be vaccinated against certain diseases and submit the results of a thorough medical checkup.
- Write a short essay that states your exact career objectives and reasons for requiring a doctoral degree. Explain the necessity of it in achieving your professional goals.
- Ensure that all academic experiences are included in your updated resume. Your professional history must be clear and all voluntary work stated.