Featured DNP Programs (RN Required)
- The DNP program offered by the School of Nursing at the University of Hawaii at Manoa concentrates on leadership and finding innovative ways to improve the quality of health care. Traditional classroom attendance is required for the summer intensives, but the rest of the coursework is delivered online. This is a fifty-three semester credit program that will take two years to complete. Ensure timely delivery of your application before December 1st of each year.
DNP Nurse Checklist
When sending in applications, be sure to adhere strictly to the requirements of the school. Each institution has a different application process and admissions policy in place. With only a limited number of students admitted into these programs each year, expect extremely high competition. If you do not have your graduate degree, then there are bridge programs available. However, completion of the MSN is non-negotiable and you will still need to achieve this with continued high grades. Several prerequisites are compulsory for you to be considered as a prospective student. This is what you will need when applying to a DNP program from Hawaii:
- You must be registered as an advanced nurse with a license to practice in Hawaii without any restrictions.
- Official transcripts must be provided from every school that you have attended.
- You will need an overall Grade Point Average score of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
- Your Master’s degree in nursing must have been acquired from an accredited program. You will need to provide proof of this which you should obtain from the school you graduated from.
- Evidence of all clinical experience gained while practicing as an advanced specialty nurse must be submitted.
- References will be required. You will need to have three total from any of your supervisors, working colleagues, previous academic advisors or physicians.
- You will need to undergo a thorough health check and be vaccinated against specified diseases. A background check will also be done.
- Graduate courses in healthcare assessment, research, and statistics must have been passed with a minimum grade of C. These should have been completed less than five years ago.
- The school must be granted a personal interview when requested.
- Submit your latest resume. Ensure that all experience and achievements in your professional, academic and voluntary careers are highlighted.
- A Personal Goal Statement will need to be written in essay form. Write about your career objectives and the reasons why doctoral study will aid your goals.
- Scholarly papers may be required or evidence of your written creative work.