NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR OR WIN A VOLUNTEER GRANT.
1. VOLUNTEER GRANT ELIGIBILITY: The Volunteer Grant is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who: (1) are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, (2) have at least a high school diploma, (3) are fluent in English, (4) for medical and healthcare projects, have appropriate training and certification in a relevant medical field and documentation to confirm this training and certification, and (5) satisfy other requirements depending on the project, including, if applicable, a criminal background check (each, an “Entrant”). Employees, owners, shareholders, interest holders, officers, directors and contractors of EveryNurse, each participating Program organization, each travel insurance partner (including STA Travel, World Nomads, and Global Travel Academy), each flight and travel partner, each marketing partner (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law.
Each Entrant certifies that all information provided to Sponsor relating to their application, including their personal background, qualifications, experience, and if applicable, medical history and current state of health, is accurate and truthful, and that no information relating to the above is being withheld.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning at 12:00 AM (PT) on [DATE] through 11:59:59 PM (PT) on [DATE] (the “Grant Period”), submit your complete and accurate online application at our Website to receive one (1) entry to win the Volunteer Grant. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. LIMITATIONS: There is a maximum entry limit of one (1) per Entrant, email address, telephone number and household for the Volunteer Grant throughout the Grant Period. Entrants may select any or all Volunteer Programs when completing their application but will be eligible for only one (1) Volunteer Grant during the Grant Period. Your entry can only be submitted via our Website. If you need Internet access, visit your local public or school library. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Entrants must have a valid email address. Entrants may not enter with multiple email addresses nor may Entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple Entrants. Any Entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all Volunteer Grants won, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same email account enter the Volunteer Grant and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said email account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. An “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. CONTENT: “Content” refers to all content you submit in connection with the Volunteer Grant application and, also for each Grant Winner, all of the blog entries and photos about the Grant Winner’s participation in a Volunteer Program that each Grant Winner submits to Sponsor.
Blog Posts and Photos. Each Grant Winner agrees to submit to Sponsor three (3) featured blog posts written by the Grant Winner about his or her experience participating in the Volunteer Program. Each Grant Winner will submit the blog posts to Sponsor no later than two (2) months after the completion of his or her participation in the Volunteer Program. In addition, during a Grant Winner’s participating in a Volunteer Program, each Grant Winner will post regular photos of their participation in the Volunteer Program so that EveryNurse can follow the Grant Winner’s journey.
Requirements. With respect to Entrants, Sponsor reserves the right to remove or not use any Content that does not adhere to the Content requirements, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and disqualify the Entrant. By submitting Content for the Volunteer Grant and, for any Grant Winner, by submitting any Content to Sponsor about your participation in a Volunteer Program (e.g., blog posts and photos about the Volunteer Program), you represent and warrant to Sponsor that your Content conforms and will conform to the following requirements:
- Your Content is in English.
- Your Content is your original work and has never been posted anywhere or won previous grants or awards.
- The posting of your Content on various media, including our Website will not constitute the infringement or misappropriation of any third party’s rights.
- Your Content is not sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, and does not contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity.
- Your Content does not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message.
- Your Content is not obscene or offensive and does not endorse any form of hate or hate group.
- Your Content does not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies
- Your Content does not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses.
- Your Content does not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media).
- Your Content does not include any background artwork unless it is an original work of the Entrant.
- Your Content does not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
- Your Content does not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Your Content does not depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
- Your Content does not violate our Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy (see Exhibit 1).
Any Entrant whose Content includes the names of third parties or contains elements not owned by the Entrant (such as, but not limited to, references to trademarks, names, quotes, etc.) must be able to provide copyright releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Content, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to the award of any Volunteer Grant and/or naming of Entrant as the Grant Winner (as defined below). Sponsor may disqualify Entrant if Entrant fails to provide such releases within three (3) business days after Sponsor’s request.
Entrants who do not follow all of EveryNurse’s instructions, provide all required information in their application form, or abide by these Terms and Conditions or other instructions of Sponsor, may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY AND ANY CONTENT (WHETHER AS AN ENTRANT OR A WINNER), ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY AND CONTENT (INCLUDING CONTENT PROVIDED AS A WINNER) MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET AS AUTHORIZED BY SPONSOR, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION.
By entering this Volunteer Grant and providing Content as an Entrant or a Grant Winner, each Entrant and Grant Winner unconditionally and irrevocably grants an unlimited, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable license and right to Sponsor and its successors and assigns to use, reproduce, adapt, edit, modify, distribute, display, publish, perform and create derivative works of the Content in any way, in whole or in part, alone or in combination with other works, for any purpose, and in any media now known or hereafter discovered, in each case, now and hereafter as Sponsor and its successors and assigns so desire in their sole discretion.
You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Content, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to request that any Entrant resubmit his or her Content (including Content provided as a Grant Winner, such as blog posts and posts on Instagram) which fails to comply with the Content requirements.
Sponsor reserves the right to waive any of the Volunteer Grant submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Sponsor’s judges will review all eligible entries. The Entrant whose submission receives the highest score will win the Grant, subject to verification (the “Grant Winner”). In the event of a tie between two or more Entrants, the Grant Winner will be determined by the highest average score in the judges’ first judging criteria and continuing thereafter to break the tie.
All decisions by judges and Sponsor concerning all matters related to this Volunteer Grant are final.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Grant Winner will be notified on or around 10 days after the determination of the Grant Winner via the Grant Winner’s provided email address and/or telephone number. The potential winner is subject to verification, including verification of age and verification of other requirements as described above.
If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, if attempted notification or any Volunteer Grant is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if a winner cannot be verified, if a winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the Volunteer Grant as stated, or if a winner cannot verify receipt of a high school diploma, then the potential winner may be disqualified and the Volunteer Grant may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
In addition, EveryNurse may disqualify an Entrant if it becomes apparent that untruthful or inaccurate information was submitted in the Entrant’s application form or provided through communications with EveryNurse staff, or if relevant information was withheld, or for any other reason by giving notice to the Entrant.
In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Volunteer Grant to an alternate Entrant who will also be selected in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been publicly announced.
The Grant Winner will be required to complete, sign and return a completed Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, where lawful, a Publicity Release (including consent to a digital photograph of self, and video testimonial on how he/she will use the money), if applicable, copyright releases, and if applicable, evidence from the Grant Winner of medical training or certification, within seven (7) days of attempted notification or the Volunteer Grant may be forfeited. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of Entrants. Noncompliance within this 7-day time￼period or return of any Volunteer Grant or notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate Grant Winner will be selected.
6. DESCRIPTION OF VOLUNTEER GRANT: There will be one (1) Volunteer Grant that will be awarded per Grant Period. The Grant Winner will receive the following (the “Volunteer Grant”):
- Volunteer Program Fees for Two-Weeks. EveryNurse will pay the Grant Winner’s Volunteer Program fees for a two-week volunteer abroad program with a featured EveryNurse partner organization. EveryNurse will pay the volunteer organization directly on behalf of the Grant Winner. Payment of the Volunteer Program’s fees is contingent upon the Grant Winner’s ability to meet all requirements of the Volunteer Program, as determined by the staff of the volunteer organization. If the Grant Winner does not meet the Volunteer Program’s requirements, the EveryNurse team may assist the Grant Winner in selecting a different Volunteer Program.
- Travel Voucher of up to US$1,000.00. EveryNurse will provide the Grant Winner a flight voucher of up to US$1,000.00. Other than the flight voucher, the Grant Winner is responsible for paying for their own travel, specifically including all airfares or other transport costs to and from the host country, as well as any local transport costs. The Grant Winner is solely responsible for arranging his or her travel. It is the responsibility of the Grant Winner to carry all necessary documents when traveling abroad. While EveryNurse may advise the Grant Winner on required travel documentation, EveryNurse is not responsible for any supporting documents necessary for the Grant Winner’s travel needs or other purposes. Grant Winners are responsible for ensuring their travel documents are up to date and valid for travel.
- Travel Insurance Reimbursement of up to US$200.00. EveryNurse will reimburse the Grant Winner for the cost of a two-week travel insurance policy from World Nomads, up to US$200.00, upon proof of purchase. Travel insurance is mandatory for each Grant Winner, and the Grant Winner will purchase the insurance prior to departing on the trip. The Grant Winner is solely responsible for evaluating and determining the type, extent and levels of any insurance coverage they need or desire for their planned volunteer travel period. The insurance must cover their entire travel period. If the Grant Winner wishes to purchase travel insurance from a company other than World Nomads or if the Grant Winner is not eligible for travel insurance through World Nomads, the Grant Winner is responsible for obtaining the equivalent travel insurance and EveryNurse will reimburse the award recipient up to US$200.00 for the policy upon proof of purchase. If the Grant Winner wishes to obtain coverage that costs more than US$200.00, they are responsible for any amount in excess of US$200.00. If the Grant Winner decides to extend the duration of their Volunteer Program beyond the two-weeks provided by the Volunteer Grant, then the Grant Winner is responsible for travel insurance that covers the entire duration of their travel.
- Online Course. EveryNurse will reimburse you for the cost of entry to the online course “Certificate in International Volunteering” from Global Travel Academy, upon proof of purchase.
The Volunteer Grant is contingent upon verification of all of the requirements in these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation a completed Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, where lawful, a Publicity Release, if applicable, copyright releases, and if applicable, evidence from the Grant Winner of medical training or certification. Volunteer Grants consist of only the items specifically listed above in this Section 6. No cash alternative or Volunteer Grant substitutions for any Volunteer Grant will be allowed, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Volunteer Grant cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to not give a Volunteer Grant or substitute the Volunteer Grant with another award of equal or greater value. All Volunteer Grant details are at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of a Volunteer Grant varies depending on Volunteer Program’s fees and the online course fee.
TOTAL ARV of all Volunteer Grants awarded: varies depending on Volunteer Program’s fees and the online course fee and the number of Volunteer Grants awarded by Sponsor. Volunteer Grants cannot be transferred, refunded, substituted or redeemed for cash.
Register within 18 months: Grant Winners must register for (and be accepted into) a Volunteer Program within 18 months after the Grant Winner has been notified of his or her selection as a Grant Winner, otherwise the Grant Winner forfeits his or her Volunteer Grant.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning a Volunteer Grant in the Volunteer Grant depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Volunteer Grant Entry Period and the quality of the Entries. There is no element of chance in the determination of a Grant Winner. Each eligible Entry will be judged on its individual merits.
Health Insurance: Grant Winners are responsible for consulting with their current insurance carrier to determine if their personal health insurance covers them internationally. EveryNurse cannot advise you about this coverage or any other coverage.
Vaccinations: Grant Winners are responsible for discussing their health and prevention of acquired illness with their health care provider, including vaccinations needed for a specific trip. EveryNurse does not and will not make recommendations about vaccines, medications, or specific trips based on your health concerns. We ask that partner organizations, including qualified medical staff members, not make recommendations to you as they may not be aware of your entire health history. Please do not ask EveryNurse personnel to make recommendations regarding your health concerns as they are not qualified to do so.
Grant Winners are advised to review the vaccinations recommended for their chosen country by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The CDC has the most up-to-date recommendations for vaccinations, malaria risk, and traveler’s health warnings. You may access this information here and then search for specific countries: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/list.
Many healthcare facilities can provide vaccinations and common preventative travel medications. These include:
- Your primary care physician
- Travel clinics
- Public health clinics
- College health centers
Allergies: Grant Winners are responsible for taking full precautions regarding insect, plant, and food allergens. If Grant Winners have known allergic reactions, Grant Winners must carry appropriate medications and life-saving measures at all times, including the following:
- Inform your Chief Medical Officer and team leader prior to the start of the trip and upon arrival of any serious allergies.
- Monitor and avoid any known allergens.
- Bring foods that meet special dietary needs.
- Report any significant illness or allergic reaction to your Chief Medical Officer and team leader immediately.
- Always ask if you are not sure if a food or plant may contain something you are allergic to.
- If you have allergies with serious reactions, you should speak with your provider about the use of an epinephrine pen (“EpiPen”) or other emergency medication. You may be exposed to new foods, insects, plants, etc. on the trip and need to be prepared.
- Fill out your Emergency Contact Information accurately and notify EveryNurse staff of any known significant food or plant allergies that may result in the need for medical care.
EveryNurse cannot guarantee that a particular food or diet regimen can be met in the field. This includes vegetarian, gluten-free, low sugar, or any other special dietary requirements.
You are responsible for ensuring that your dietary needs are met and that you avoid foods to which you are allergic.
Acquired Illness: Acquired illnesses include mosquito, waterborne, and fecal-borne diseases. Many of these diseases are preventable with proper precautions including mosquito repellant and nets, proper hygiene, and not consuming food or water that does not have a high degree of safety in preparation or purification.
You are responsible for ensuring that you take full precautions regarding insect bites and food safety. This includes, but is not limited to, using insect repellent, treated clothing, and mosquito nets; and eating only food that is properly prepared and served. EveryNurse cannot and does not guarantee your safety. There are inherent risks to travel and, in particular, when participating on medical teams.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, each Grant Winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, and/or likeness, for advertising, promotion and/or publicity purposes, including a winners’ list, in any and all media now know or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation.
10. RELEASE: To the extent permitted by law, by entering the Volunteer Grant, each Entrant and Grant Winner releases all employees, owners, shareholders, interest holders, officers, directors and contractors of Sponsor, host families, each participating Program organization, each travel insurance partner (including STA Travel, World Nomads, and Global Travel Academy), each flight and travel partner, each marketing partner (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent companies (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant’s submission of a Volunteer Grant application, Grant Winner’s acceptance or use of a Volunteer Grant, Grant Winner’s participation in the Volunteer Program, travel relating to the Volunteer Program, Sponsor’s use of the Content as set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and any tourism activities, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and invasion of privacy.
You agree that EveryNurse is not liable to you for any actions or omissions of the Volunteer Program’s organization, employees, contractors or agents.
To the full extent permissible at law, all representations, terms, warranties, guarantees, or conditions whether implied by statute, common law or custom of the trade or otherwise, including, but not limited to, implied warranties and guarantees, are excluded.
11. PERSONAL RISK: The Grant Winner acknowledges and accepts the responsibilities and risks associated with their choice to travel to, temporarily reside in, and provide volunteer services in a foreign country. Such travel and volunteer work can be hazardous and involves a certain degree of risk, inherently dangerous activities, and personal perils to the volunteer, both foreseen and unforeseen, all of which are fully accepted by and solely assumed by the Grant Winner. Therefore, none of the Released Parties (defined above), is liable, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, for any loss or harm the Grant Winner may suffer, including but not limited to loss caused directly or indirectly by:
- Personal injury
- Emotional injury
- Illness or disease
- Damage to or loss of property
- Natural disasters
- Hostage situations
- War or terrorism
12. INDEMNIFICATION: To the extent permitted by law, by submitting an application for a Volunteer Grant, each Entrant and Grant Winner shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined above) from any claims asserted by third parties against the Released Parties arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant’s submission of an application for a Volunteer Grant, Grant Winner’s acceptance or use of the Volunteer Grant, Grant Winner’s participation in the Volunteer Program, travel relating to the Volunteer Program, Sponsor’s use of the Content as set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and any tourism activities, including without limitation, claims arising from personal injury, death, and/or property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and invasion of privacy.
13. TAXES: The Grant Winner’s total winnings will be reported to the IRS in accordance with applicable law. Taxes (including any income taxes) are the sole responsibility of the Grant Winner, regardless of how, when or if the Volunteer Grant is used, whether in whole or in part. The Grant Winner acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has not made any representations or warranties to him or her regarding the tax consequences of receiving or using a Volunteer Grant or whether the Volunteer Grant constitutes taxable or non-taxable income. The Grant Winner agrees to indemnify Sponsor against the payment of any taxes, interest, penalties, and other liabilities or costs that may be assessed relating to the Volunteer Grant received or used by the Grant Winner.
14. DRUG AND ALCOHOL USE: The Grant Winner must abide by the rules put in place by the independent local team, volunteer placement institution, and the host family in regards to alcohol consumption. Drug use (unless prescribed by a doctor) is strictly prohibited and will result in instant dismissal from the Volunteer Program with no refund.
15. CHILD AND VULNERABLE ADULT PROTECTION POLICY: The Grant Winner has read the Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy at the end of these Terms and Conditions (Exhibit 1) and fully understands and agrees to follow such policy in full. If at any time the Grant Winner fails to follow the Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy, the Grant Winner understands that his/her participation in the Volunteer Program may be terminated by Sponsor or the Volunteer Program organization and further legal action may be taken.
16. GENERAL RULES:
This Volunteer Grant is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any of EveryNurse’s marketing partners.
The Grant Winner agrees to comply with the independent local team’s code of conduct and waiver. Each of EveryNurse and the independent local team reserves the right to dismiss the Grant Winner from the Program at any time without liability, in the event that these Terms and Conditions (including the Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy), or the local team’s code of conduct are breached by the Grant Winner.
https://www.worldnomads.com/privacy, http://www.statravel.com/policies.htm, and https://www.travelacademy.org/p/privacy.
18. GRANT WINNERS’ LIST:
For the names of winners after Volunteer Grants are awarded, visit our Website.
If you are selected as a Grant Winner, your information may be included in a publicly available winners’ list and used as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions.
19. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GRANT IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone, mail or e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Volunteer Grant, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Volunteer Grant. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Volunteer Grant if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and the judging for all remaining Volunteer Grants will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. Any damage made to the website by an Entrant will be the responsibility of the Entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) or in violation of these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Terms and Conditions.
20. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
21. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: This Volunteer Grant and its Terms and Conditions are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Volunteer Grants Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Volunteer Grant, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in the State of California, in the County of Los Angeles.