NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The $2,500 EveryNurse 2019 Graduate Nurses Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by EveryNurse, LLC (the “Sponsor”), 600 California Street, 11th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94108. Any questions, comments, complaints or claims regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor. The “Website” means www.everynurse.org.
By entering the Contest, Entrants (defined below) fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who: (1) are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, and (2) either (a) currently enrolled in an MSN, PhD, or DNP degree program in nursing at an accredited college or university in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, or (b) will be enrolled in an MSN, PhD, or DNP degree program in nursing at an accredited college or university in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia within 9 months from the date in which the Winner was selected (“Entrants”). Employees, owners, shareholders, interest holders, officers, directors and contractors of Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest and LinkedIn and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law.
2. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins on June 1st, 2019 at 12:01:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on August 1st, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Contest Entry Period”). Entries must be received before the Contest Entry Period end time to be valid. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Entry Period, Entrants can fill out the Contest registration form with all required information, including GPA, write an essay describing what motivates them about the field of nursing, and submit the essay and entry form online at our Website to receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
4. LIMITATIONS: There is a maximum entry limit of one (1) entry per Entrant, email address, telephone number and household throughout the Contest Period. Your entry can only be submitted via our website. If you need Internet access, visit your local public or school library. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Entrants must have a valid email address. Entrants may not enter with multiple email addresses nor may Entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple Entrants. Any Entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same email account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said email account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. An “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. CONTENT REQUIREMENTS: Contest entries must comply with the requirements set forth in these Official Rules to be valid. As used herein, “Content” refers to all content you submit in connection with the Contest (including, but not limited to, the essay and your GPA). Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Content that does not adhere to the Content requirements, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and disqualify the Entrant. By submitting Content for the Contest, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that your Content conforms to the following requirements:
- Your essay is in English.
- Your essay is your original work and has never been posted anywhere or won previous awards.
- The posting of your Content on various media, including our website will not constitute the infringement or misappropriation of any third party’s rights.
- Your essay is not sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, and does not contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity.
- Your essay does not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message.
- Your essay is not obscene or offensive and does not endorse any form of hate or hate group.
- Your essay does not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies.
- Your essay does not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses.
- Your essay does not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media).
- Your essay does not include any background artwork unless it is an original work of the Entrant.
- Your essay does not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
- Your essay does not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Your essay does not depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
Any Entrant whose Content includes the names of third parties or contains elements not owned by the Entrant (such as, but not limited to, references to trademarks, names, quotes, etc.) must be able to provide copyright releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Content, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to the award of any prize and/or naming of Entrant as the Winner (as defined below). Sponsor may disqualify Entrant if Entrant fails to provide such releases within three (3) business days after Sponsor’s request.
Entrants who do not follow all of the instructions, provide all required information in their registration form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor, may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY AND CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET AS AUTHORIZED BY SPONSOR, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. By entering this Contest, each Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably grants an unlimited, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable license and right to Sponsor and its successors and assigns to use, reproduce, distribute, display, publish, perform and create derivative works of the Content for any purpose and in any media, in each case, now and hereafter as they so desire. By entering this Contest, each Entrant grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and modify its Content in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Content alone or in combination with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor, and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Content, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Entry Period, to request that any Entrant resubmit his or her Content which fails to comply with the Contest requirements prior to any judging.
Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
6. WINNER SELECTION: At the conclusion of the Contest Entry Period, Sponsor’s judges will review all eligible entries based on the following judging criteria:
- Essay’s inspiration – 35%
- Essay’s quality and content – 25%
- Essay’s spelling and grammar – 15%
- GPA – 25%
The Entrant whose essay and GPA combined receive the highest score will be the grand prize winner, subject to verification (the “Winner”). In the event of a tie between two or more Entrants, the Winner will be determined by the highest average score in the first judging criteria above and continuing thereafter to break the tie.
All decisions by judges and Sponsor concerning all matters related to this Contest are final.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winner will be notified on or around 10 days after the determination of the Winner via the Winner’s provided email address and/or telephone number. The potential winner is subject to verification, including verification of age and verification of current attendance or enrollment or planned enrolled at college or university as described above. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if attempted notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if a winner cannot be verified, or if a winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the prize as stated, if winner cannot verify enrollment at an eligible college or university, then the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate Entrant who will also be selected in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been publicly announced.
The Winner will be required to complete, sign and return a completed Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, where lawful, a Publicity Release (including consent to a digital photograph of self, and video testimonial on how he/she will use the money), and, if applicable, copyright releases, within ten (10) days of attempted notification or the prize may be forfeited. Prizes won by an eligible Entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will require a parent or legal guardian to sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Noncompliance within this 10-day time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate Winner will be selected. Sponsor may conduct a background check on the potential Winner to verify eligibility.
8. Prize: There will be one Contest prize awarded. The Winner will receive a two thousand five hundred US dollar (US$2,500.00) scholarship (the “Prize”) in the form of a check. The check will be made payable directly to the Winner upon verification of all of the requirements in these Official Rules, including without limitation a completed Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, where lawful, a Publicity Release, and if applicable, copyright releases. Prize checks are to be applied solely to the Winner’s college or university tuition and fees that are required to enroll and attend the college or university. Prize checks must be cashed by you within 90 days of receipt. If there are any changes to a Prize check once it is issued, the Winner will be responsible for any associated fees as a result of changes. Prizes consist of only the item specifically listed as the Prize. No cash alternative or Prize substitutions for any Prize will be allowed, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to not give a prize or substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is US $2,500.00.
TOTAL ARV of all prizes awarded: $2,500.00
9. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Prize in the Contest depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Entry Period and the quality of the Entries. There is no element of chance in the determination of a Winner. Each eligible Entry will be judged on its individual merits.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, each Winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, and/or likeness, for advertising, promotion and/or publicity purposes, including a winners’ list, in any and all media now know or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation.
11. RELEASE: To the extent permitted by law, by entering the Contest, each Entrant and Winner (and parents or legal guardians if Entrant or Winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) releases all employees, owners, shareholders, interest holders, officers, directors and contractors of Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest and LinkedIn and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent companies (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of a Prize or Sponsor’s use of the Content as set forth in these Official Rules, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and invasion of privacy.
12. INDEMNIFICATION: To the extent permitted by law, by entering the Contest, each Entrant and Winner (and parents or legal guardians if Entrant or Winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) indemnifies, defends and holds harmless the Released Parties from any claims asserted by third parties against the Released Parties arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of the Prize, or Sponsor’s use of the Content as set forth in these Official Rules.
13. TAXES: The Winner’s total winnings will be reported to the IRS in accordance with applicable law. Taxes (including any income taxes) are the sole responsibility of the Winner, regardless of how, when or if the Prize is used, whether in whole or in part. The Winner acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has not made any representations or warranties to him or her regarding the tax consequences of receiving or using a Prize under this Contest or whether the Prize constitutes taxable or non-taxable income. The Winner agrees to indemnify Sponsor against the payment of any taxes, interest, penalties, and other liabilities or costs that may be assessed relating to the Prize received or used by the Winner.
16. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of winners after prizes are awarded, visit our website.
17. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone, mail or e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and the judging for all remaining prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. Any damage made to the website by an Entrant will be the responsibility of the Entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) or in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
18. Severability: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
19. Governing Law & Jurisdiction: This Contest and its Official Rules are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contests Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in the State of California, in the County of Los Angeles.