Finding a PhD Nursing Program in Arkansas
Advanced care nurses with a Doctor of Philosophy degree are possibly the most respected members of the nursing industry. This is because these are the people who are responsible for finding methods that can be used to improve the quality of health care. The results of their scientific research is used to implement changes in pharmaceutical usage, health care policies, systems development, advanced patient care, and in the treatment, prevention and diagnosis of diseases. There are so many fields that require scholarly pursuit and you can specialize in any of them. All the research has already been done for you. Many accredited degrees are available online throughout the United States, but there is only one school offering a PhD program in Arkansas.
School with PhD Nursing Program in Arkansas
Arkansas PhD Nursing Checklist
Gaining entry into these programs involves a rigorous application process. Applicants are reviewed according to their academic and clinical achievements. Of particular interest is the record of high grade maintenance throughout your BSN and MSN coursework. While there are bridge programs available for those who have not yet completed their studies at the graduate level, it does not guarantee admission into the doctoral program unless these scores have been achieved. Cohorts are small and only a few competitive students are chosen each year. You will need to have the following prerequisites ready when applying to a PhD program in Arkansas:
- Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in Arkansas must be valid and unrestricted.
- You must hold a completed Master’s degree from an institution with respected accreditation.
- Your overall Grade Point Average must be 3.65 on all master’s level coursework undertaken. Some schools will still consider those with no less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Each university or college attended must submit official transcripts to the school.
- Submit a personal goal statement in writing that explains your academic goals, reasons for interest in research and details of your career objectives.
- Scholarly papers will need to be submitted to the school. Written creative work is also acceptable.
- Write a short essay at the allocated time during your interview.
- Make yourself available for an interview with faculty staff from the school.
- Your Graduate Record Examination scores may be required.
- Provide your updated Curriculum Vitae, which must describe all experiences and achievements in your educational and career histories.
- You must be immunized against certain diseases.
- The school will require three letters of recommendation. Ensure they are from previous faculty advisors, physicians or supervisors in the nursing industry.
Whole communities are in debt to PhD graduates. Their dedication to promoting and protecting the health care industry extends to campaigning for their scientific results to be implemented; thereby optimizing all aspects of patient care and health care delivery. These scientists are paid enormous salaries for their academic knowledge and they are guaranteed employment in an industry desperately requiring their services.