Why Is Earning Your DNP a Great Idea?
Imagine having the knowledge that guarantees authority. A doctoral education will enable you to review health care policies and change them where necessary. You will have the skills to assume leadership roles in advanced patient care and even open your own practice. There is a major shortage of healthcare professionals in the United States and you can be responsible for educating future nurses. Your career will develop along the path you choose and you will be able to make educated decisions regarding the future of the nursing industry. Obtaining your doctorate is extremely recommended, and we have done all the research for you. There are many schools offering online degrees in the United States, but there is only one that has a DNP program in Arkansas.
Featured DNP Programs (RN Required)
Arkansas DNP Checklist
Highly competitive students enroll in these programs. Schools have strict requirements and classes are small. It is imperative that you have completed your Master’s degree before applying for your doctorate. Students can enter a DNP program at the baccalaureate level, but you will still need to have obtained your BSN and MSN before being admitted into terminal education. A history of high academic achievement is integral, and maintenance of these grades throughout the program is non-negotiable. When applying for enrollment into a DNP program in Arkansas, you will need the following prerequisites:
- Official transcripts are required from all schools where graduate coursework in nursing was completed.
- You must provide proof that your Master’s degree was completed at an accredited institution.
- A minimum cumulative GPA on all graduate work must be 3.40 on a scale of 4.0.
- License to practice as a registered nurse in Arkansas must be valid and unencumbered.
- You must also be registered as an advanced practice nurse in Arkansas.
- At least 3,000 hours of clinical experience as an advanced specialty nurse is required.
- Evidence of supervised graduate clinical hours must be provided.
- Three reference letters will need to be submitted. These are only valid if from supervisors, colleagues, or physicians able to attest to your ability for this level of study.
- You will need to make time for a personal interview.
- Completion of statistics, research, and healthcare assessment courses at the Master’s level are essential.
- Your latest resume that explains all educational and professional experiences.
- Immunizations against dangerous diseases are not negotiable.
Doctoral graduates enjoy the highest salaries in the nursing industry. All of them are employed in their chosen specialty soon after completion of the program. Many of them opt to open their own practices. Career choices include joining faculty, revising health care policies, practicing advanced patient care, developing systems that will cope with the rapidly changing needs of the populace, and more. These are the leaders of the entire industry and completing your DNP will ensure you are among them.