Finding a PhD Nursing Program in Oregon
Nurses with a keen interest in intellectual pursuits are encouraged to pursue their education at the highest level and take advantage of the opportunities available. There is a strong effort underway to improve all aspects of health care quality, infrastructure and delivery. Leaders in nursing science are desperately needed. In order for development to occur, change must take place. Research is continually necessary so that evidence is found that will better health outcomes; in systems development, pharmaceuticals, academic curricula, advanced nursing practices, health policy, executive management and more. There is a strong focus on disease diagnosis, treatment, control and prevention. Regardless of the discipline you choose to specialize in, an abundance of opportunities will become available to you after graduation. We have done the research so that you do not have to. Many schools across the country have accredited online degrees available, but there is currently only one school offering a PhD program in Oregon.
School with PhD Nursing Program in Oregon
Oregon PhD Nurse Checklist
Applying to these programs is a competitive process. Space is limited and only the most suitable applicants are admitted. This degree has a strong academic focus and a history of stellar scholarly achievements is necessary. High grades must reflect continued dedication, especially throughout graduate coursework. While bridge programs are available for baccalaureates, the MSN must still be completed prior to enrolment in the doctorate. Adhere to the published deadlines of each school that you are applying to and make sure that all the prerequisites required are submitted in your application package. We have compiled a list of what you will need when applying to a PhD program in Oregon:
- A descriptive yet short essay will be required about your reasons for requiring your doctorate degree. Be clear about your professional goals and explain how the program is an essential aspect of achieving them.
- Nursing theory, research and statistics courses require completion within the last five years. At least a grade of C should have been acquired, preferably higher.
- Certain immunizations are not negotiable and must be proven. The results of your last medical checkup may be required and the school will do a full criminal and background check.
- The school where you studied for your Master’s must provide proof of all the clinical hours that you accumulated as a graduate student. Likewise, those acquired during your advanced nursing career must also be proven.
- Creative written work must be provided and scholarly papers are ideal examples.
- Both the BSN and MSN degrees must have been completed in their entirety and proof that they were obtained through nationally accredited programs is imperative.
- Only respected professionals with the authority to testify to your academic prowess may be sourced for the three letters of reference that the school will request. Academic advisors, physicians, supervisors, employers and nursing colleagues are great sources.
- Ensure that all post-secondary schools where you have studied provide you with official transcripts.
- Current licensure to practice unrestricted as a registered Advanced Specialty Nurse in Oregon is compulsory.
- On a scale of4.0, 3.0 or 3.5 are the minimum accumulated Grade Point Average scores required. This will depend on the school that you are applying to.
- Your entire academic history must be clear in your submitted resume. All experiences acquired as a working professional must be included, along with any voluntary work that you may have been involved with.
- The school will invite you to attend a personal interview and this should be accepted without hesitation. Make sure that no appointments are scheduled immediately afterwards and arrive with time to spare.
A variety of career choices, specialized qualifications, guaranteed employment, the expertise to discover innovative improvements in the health care industry, the ability to truly make a positive impact on the care received by a diversity of populations, exorbitant salaries and sought after skills; these are only some of the incentives enjoyed by PhD graduates. It is extremely rewarding being a pivotal leader in industry growth and these are the people that command the greatest respect. By completing doctoral study in nursing science, you will be able to count yourself among them.